We are looking for a reliable, determined and tenacious team player who is competitive, self-motivated and hard-working. That person should have great communication and cognitive skills. The role is client facing and is focused on generating borrowers to whom ArchOver can facilitate lending. The role involves working with the commercial team to build brand awareness amongst potential borrowers and introducers, establishing relationships of your own with introducers and potential borrowers and engaging with our clients face to face. It is essential that the individual has an established network of introducer relationships. These introducers should be focused on SMEs seeking to borrow between £100k and £2m. A Financial Services background is required. It is essential that the individual has previous experience working in facilitating lending to SMEs.
- Origination of deals, with the goal of on-boarding Borrowers onto the ArchOver platform, ready for funding.
- Establish credibility and build trusted relationships with prospective clients and partners through networking events, conferences, workshops, etc., and revisiting the individual’s own relationships with introducers and Borrowers.
- Being a key representative at meetings and on conference calls with our Partners and arranging such calls for yourself and your Manager.
- Work closely with the credit team to understand correct business criteria.
- Leading meetings with prospective clients.
- Negotiating terms and loan structure with prospective clients.
- Reviewing initial borrower information – filtering the funnel to ensure only appropriate clients reach the credit review stage.
- Completing Borrower Proposals for the credit team to review.
- Generate an increasing loan book to grow borrower numbers.
- Manage key relationships.
- Further develop understanding of other forms of finance and generate new services.
- Manage a team within the team. For example a team of 1 or 2 commercial executives to help sources leads/partnerships and help bolster existing relationships.
- More exposure to institutional Lender side (if appropriate) Goals, medium/long term.
- Improve understanding of different industries and how ArchOver can lend to them.
- Build out own established introducer network to develop additional relationships to bring a steady and increasing stream of leads.
- Help ArchOver hit monthly lending targets (new/refinances).
- Help ArchOver hit annual lending targets.
- Personally bring a steady stream of new business per quarter (targets to be communicated during interview process).
The successful candidate should have:
- Established network of introducer relationships in the SME Borrowing field.
- 2-5 years’ experience working in SME lending.
- A high level of numeracy and intelligence with impeccable written and spoken English.
- An ability and desire to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Be a team player.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Proof that you are a top performer/know what it takes to succeed.
- Complete IT proficiency.
Other considerations but very much not necessities:
- In addition to the above, experience within start-ups, FinTech or banking.
- Accounting, Finance or Banking qualifications.
- Competitive package to secure the right candidate with a regular review.
- Training will be on the job – as the individual will already be experienced in the field, the main training will be on ArchOver’s services, processes and systems.
- We encourage the undertaking of professional exams (where the qualification is in line with the job role). We believe in investing in our own people and those people growing with ArchOver. We reward success, hard work and loyalty.
- Based primarily at head office (external meeting and UK travel when necessary).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team and position yourself for excellent career growth opportunities. ArchOver is committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals and are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, marriage and civil partnerships. Must have the rights to work and be resident in the United Kingdom.
We never turn away from the opportunity to meet exceptional people and if you are really good we will find a role for you. We ask that no agencies contact us in relation to these positions.
If you have experience in the following areas then get in touch with us here.
- Credit Analysis
- Loan Management
- Lender Relationship Manager
- Introducer/Broker (Outside London)
If you think you're right for us, get in touch — everybody's different, and maybe you're exactly what we need. Please send us your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org